Sunday, February 19, 2012

The CRY! I Think I'm In Love




I didn't bring a camera for any image-capturing last night, so here is someone else's video of a song by the Cry! a tuneful young quartet of lads from Portland. Ya know how sometimes, as you go through life, you get confronted by youthful energy, talent and vigor, and you want to hate it, but then you actually get lost in it and just have a fucking good time? That's what the Cry! did for me. Great songs, great playing, great singing, great style choice and only 20 years old...goddammit, grrrrr....Fuck Yeah! A totally fun act, I'll go see them next time they play in town. They remind me of my friends from way back, Brent's T.V. from Arcata. We, the Underlings had a good, tight set and I caught sight of several friends, groovin' hard to the rock. We cut it loose, put the pedal down and rocked out, and it felt good. I can't wait for our CD release at Luckeys on April 27, it always seems to be the one room in town that fits our sound the best. OK kids, rock and roll, we will next be playing at Kelly's Olympian in Portland this coming Saturday, I hope to see some P-town friends out that night.
Rock ya later,


the 'Lings

No comments:

Post a Comment